We invite you to take the time, before you arrive, to set an intention for the weekend.
What you choose to bring to The Joining and the weekend will contribute to creating your experience. Taking a few minutes to think about what you are looking for, what you want to gain, what you want to share will help you create an experience conducive to your needs.
Please bring with you:
- Drinking water – there is only rain water available at the site which needs to be boiled to drink
- A plate, mug, bowl and cutlery – it has a nice sized kitchen but not enough spare plates
- Shoes (easy on/off are best)
- Mosquito repellent (natural/non-aerosol)
- Hat / Sunscreen
- Umbrella (in case of rain)
- All bedding needs i.e. sheets, pillow, doona (vinyl covered mattress supplied)
- Your own camping gear including bedding (if camping)
- Loose comfortable clothing
- Personal toiletries (non-aerosol)
- Towel/s including optional bath mat (for use after shower)
- Yoga mat (if participating in early morning yoga)
- Cushion (optional) for sitting in workshops
- Musical instruments (optional) – drums, didge, guitar, percussion etc
- Anything (optional) you might want for a cabaret, e.g. costumes, prop
- Special clothes for the dinners, ceremonies or dancing to express & explore different aspects of your wonderful self!
Cabaret Fire Night
Is your time to celebrate! This is a wonderful experience.
If you would like to, you are invited to take your turn around the fire. Bring a musical instrument, your stories, your poetry, your dance, your comedy sketches or anything else you may like to share with us on the night.
Every performance is greatly appreciated especially by those of us who haven’t found the courage to get up and show more of ourselves…yet.
We invite you to trust that your Joining community is incredibly open & supportive and you are sure to be warmly received on the night.
How to get to The Joining at Murrenbong Campsite.
Murrenbong Campsite – part of the Scout Association of Australia
135 Scout Rd, Kurwongbah, QLD, 4503
From the South or North of Brisbane
Heading from the North or South onM1 towards NorthLakes
Take the Northlakes exit into Anzac Ave /State Route 71
Travel 6.3 km At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Dayboro Rd/State Route 58
Travel 1.4 km At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Dayboro Rd/State Route 58
Travel 3.1 km turn left into Scout Rd
Travel 1.4 km turn right into Murrenbong Scout Camp gate 1.
Note: Gate 1 has the Murrenbong Scout Camp sign and the only street lamp on Scout Rd.
once through gate 1 follow our signs to the area.